Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Making rounds with Oscar: the extrordinary gift of an ordinary cat


Oscar is a cat that resides at Steere House, a nursing home where many of the residents have Alzheimer's. Oscar could be characterized as not necessarily liking most humans. He doesn't spend much time with anyone...until their last few hours. It seems that Oscar has the ability to sense when a resident is about to die and then proceeds to stand vigil with them.

Why I picked it up: Sister Faith recommended it to me.

Why I finished it: I really got involved with the staff at Steere House, the residents and, of course, Oscar.

I'd give it to: Anyone with aging parents. Anyone who loves a good cat story.

call number: RA1000.D67 2010 (currently shelved in the "suggestions from Eileen" display as soon as you walk in the library)

"Making Rounds With Oscar: the Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat" by Dr. David Dosa c2010

No comments:

Post a Comment