Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letters to Jackie: condolences from a grieving nation


This is a collection representing the thousands of letters received by Jacqueline Kennedy following the assassination of President Kennedy. They are touching, some in their eloquence and some in their simplicity. Interspersed with the letters is some explanation of the events surrounding the assassination and of the lives of the Kennedys.

Why I picked it up: I was in grade school when President Kennedy was killed and I still remember where I was when I heard the news. And I always admired Jackie Kennedy for her grace.

Why I finished it: I found the history particularly interesting as I had forgotten some of the details of that time.

I'd give it to: Anyone who likes history.

call number - E842.9.L388 2010 (currently shelved on the cube right inside the library door on the display "Suggestions from Eileen")

Letters to Jackie: condolences from a grieving nation edited by Ellen Fitzpatrick c2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment