Monday, April 19, 2010

Between Two Worlds: My Life and Captivity in Iran




On January 31, 2009, Roxana Saberi, an Iranian-American journalist who had been working in Iran for six years, was picked up by intelligence agents and eventually was held in Iran's Evin Prison. At times she was held in solitary confinement, interrogated by the agents and eventually sentenced to eight years in prison. For weeks her family and friends did not know her whereabouts. She was released on May 11, 2009. Her trial made international headlines, but was especially covered here in North Dakota, because she was born in New Jersey and raised in Fargo, North Dakota. In this book, Saberi recounts her months of confinement.

Why I picked it up: Because this was in the news on a daily basis, I was curious to read Roxana's version of the events.

Why I finished it: It's an easy read and I wanted to know what she had to do to be released from prison.

I'd give it to: Anyone who wants to read about a North Dakotan who survived a harrowing experience.

call number - PN4874.S23A3 2010 (currently shelved in New Books)
Between Two Worlds: My Life and Captivity in Iran by Roxana Saberi.


No comments:

Post a Comment